Awaking the ancient gods of the tropics.
El Palmas is an intertropical south american DJ and selector with a transcendental quest: the awakening of ancient gods of the tropics. Spinning records and dropping needles with more than 19 years of experience he recreates shamanic experiences establishing telluric connections through tropical ecstatic trips interweaving reggae, arabic funky, african universal heritage, transoceanic dub, Tel-Aviv vibes, disco and bossa nova. El Palmas mixes using vinyl and digital rippings from his own analog collection product of his restless travels around world hunting for excepcional records.
His compilations alongside El Dragón Criollo have been very successful, especially “Color de Trópico” volumes 1, 2 and 3, focusing on Venezuela’s musical production boom within its financial burst due to its oil nationalization. “Sabor Surf” another interesting (and historic) compilation, has recovered rare Venezuelan Surf Rock, vastly successful in the country at the time.
He resides in Barcelona, Spain, for further enquiries.
- Entrevista con El Palmas: Descubriendo el oro venezolano (Discogs, 2021)
- A Brief History of South American Surf Rock (Bandcamp, 2021)
- El Palmas & El Dragón Criollo (Worldwide FM Mix, 2021)
- Interview José R Guzmán El mundo es un animal (José R Guzmán, 2021)
- Best compilations of 2021 (Sounds And Colors, 2021)
- El Palmas et El Drágon Criollo explorent la musique surf vénézuélienne dans une nouvelle compilation (Pan African Music, 2021)
- El Palmas y su candela tropical (Radio Gladys Palmera, 2021)
- Descubriendo el oro venezolano (Discogs Interview, 2020)
- A compilation of Angel Rada’s Work is out in 2020 (MixMag, 2019)